After a work-related accident occurs, it is important that you become aware of what your rights are as an employee working in the state of California. While our accident lawyers in Glendale, CA can inform you on what these are and in great detail, there are other resources you may want to take advantage of.
The State of California Department of Industrial Relations provides free one-hour workshops that can teach you about:
- Your right to medical treatment
- Disability payments
- Returning to work after your injury
- Resolving a disagreement over your claim
The workshops are hosted by the Division of Workers’ Compensation and are held monthly at local division offices. There are many steps a worker is going to have to take after an accident has occurred in their workplace and you should have a heads up on what these steps are. All injured workers are encouraged by the department to attend the workshop as they also provide a question and answer session.
How can I attend a workers’ compensation workshop?
Because Glendale is located in Los Angeles County, you are going to want to attend the workshop at the following location:
320 W. 4th Street, 9th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1954
You can also call 1-800-736-7401 for recorded information regarding the free workers’ compensation workshop.
What should I know about workers’ compensation benefits?
- If you are injured on the job, your employer must pay for your medical care regardless of whether you miss time away from work.
- Temporary and part-time employees may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Our Glendale accident lawyers can be rather helpful in determining this so we encourage you to give us a call.
- You don’t necessarily have to be a legal resident of the U.S. to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
- It is against the law for your employer to retaliate against you for requesting or receiving workers’ compensation benefits.
What workers’ compensation benefits am I entitled to in California?
- Medical care
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
- Death benefits
Were you involved in an accident that occurred outside of work?
Sometimes our work environments extend beyond the traditional office setting. Some workers are required to travel by vehicle and even on trips while others have to work in various types of work environments that change periodically. Regardless, if you are injured outside of your traditional work setting but are still on the job, you more than likely are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits from your employer.
If you are an employee working in the city of Glendale, CA, our accident lawyers in Glendale are more than willing to assist you with your workers’ compensation claim. They can also answer any questions you might have as well.
Involved in a different type of accident in Glendale?
Perhaps you weren’t involved in a work-related accident but another type. Our dedicated and knowledgeable accident attorneys in Glendale, California are also qualified and licensed to help you with any type of accident claim, even those that have resulted in you sustaining an injury.