When will my auto insurance not cover a car accident?
Car insurance is a requirement that needs to be fulfilled by all drivers in the state of Utah. Utah currently requires each insured driver to carry at least the minimum coverage which includes:
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury
- $65,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $15,000 per accident for property
Personal Injury Protection(PIP)
- $3,000 in PIP coverage
[Source: Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association].
While you may be carrying the appropriate amount of coverage, that doesn’t always mean your insurer is going to cover the costs that accrued from the accident. Most auto accidents are known to result in property damage, personal injuries, etc. and these costs can sometimes amount to more than you can afford. That is why you have insurance and why it is expected to pick up most, if not all, of the expenses that build from the accident.
Unfortunately, there are times where an accident victim experiences what is known as a denied insurance claim. If you are currently dealing with this situation and you need a legal hand to help, USAttorneys.com is more than willing to help you get paired up with a nearby Sandy, Utah accident attorney who can step in and assist. Sometimes, insurance companies have good reasoning for denying an accident claim, however, many times, they are simply trying to provide their claimants with a low ball offer to avoid having to pay what the claim is actually worth.
What are some reasons why insurance companies deny accident claims?
- There is an issue with your payment. If your insurer hasn’t been able to collect their premium, they are likely going to cancel your policy which means you have no coverage. And if you weren’t aware that your payment didn’t go through, if you were involved in an accident, it won’t be covered.
- Your license and/or registration is out of date. Having an unexpired license and a current registration is essential to have an active insurance policy. If you don’t have one or the other, that could jeopardize your accident claim if you recently filed one.
- Engaging in excessive accidents. If you have been found at-fault for numerous accidents, the insurance company is going to view you as a liability to them as they keep having to pay out claims on your behalf, and they don’t like that. If this auto accident isn’t the first or second accident within the last few months, your insurer may try and deny your claim.
What can you do to combat against a denied accident claim?
If you live in the city of Sandy, Utah and are struggling to get your insurance company to pay for a claim you filed for a recent auto accident, the best thing to do is consult with a local lawyer. Our accident attorneys in Sandy deal with insurance companies on a regular basis and know how to spot red flags. If they feel the insurer isn’t handling your claim properly or trying to provide you with a settlement that is less than what your accident is truly worth, they are going to call them out.
Therefore, to get you connected with an accident lawyer in the city of Sandy, Utah today, call us up here at USAttorneys.com and we will assist you through the process of locating an attorney now.