Co-parenting can be a difficult thing to do, especially during the unprecedented times we are facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a co-parent, you must learn how to raise your child while he/she lives in two separate households and is given two sets of rules to follow. While co-parenting has its challenges, there are a few apps that have been developed to help make the process easier for you and your child’s other parent.


  1. WeParent


WeParent is an app available for Apple and Samsung users to download that can help you manage the following:


  • Custody schedules
  • Events and appointments
  • Secure messaging
  • Lists, contacts, and notes- If you have certain contacts that should be shared between you and your child’s other parent, they can be listed in the app.
  • Documents and photos


  1. FamCal


FamCal is also available for Apple and Android users to download and is a great app that can help families stay connected. Although the app wasn’t designed specifically for co-parents, it is one that can be utilized for parents who are separated or divorced. The app offers the following features:


  • Keep track of family member contact information
  • Family calendar
  • Share lists and assign tasks
  • Family memos


  1. OurFamilyWizard


OurFamilyWizard (OFW) was created to make the lives of co-parents easier. Some of the features you can find in the app include:


  • Assistance with scheduling- From being able to color-code parenting time to listing appointments to creating holiday schedules, this feature was designed to simplify scheduling.
  • Settle expenses- OFWpay allows users to send and receive fast and secure payments. Therefore, if you need to send money to your child’s other parent for school supplies or other essential items or vice versa, you can successfully do this through the app without having to meet with them in person.
  • Achieve accountability- OFW messages cannot be edited or deleted and they are time-stamped when they are read. This feature helps to prevent your child’s other parent from using the line “I never got that message.”


What if my child’s other parent is not adhering to our custody agreement or is refusing to pay child support?


If your child’s other parent is not following the child custody order that was established by the court or he/she isn’t paying the child support they are legally obligated to pay, consider contacting the Alabama family law attorneys at Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. for legal advice. While you may not need to hire an attorney just yet, it would behoove you to schedule an initial consultation with one as they can provide you with various remedies that can be used to resolve the issue. To get connected with a family law attorney in Alabama now, contact Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. at one of their office locations below.


Disclaimer: No representation is made that quality of legal services provided is greater than the quality of legal services provided by other attorneys.


Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. can be reached at:


Moody Office

2603 Moody Parkway, Suite 200

Moody, Alabama 35004

Phone: (205) 640-2000



Leeds Office

7900 Parkway Drive

Leeds, AL 35094

Phone: (205) 699-5500


Springville Office

6441 U.S. Highway 11

Springville, Alabama 35146

Phone: (205) 467-2225

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *