Fire injuries are not something to be taken lightly. A bad burn is something that can easily affect the rest of someone’s life by leaving scars, wounds, and disfigurement. It is also arguably one of the most painful injuries one can experience. Burns can take a long time to heal, and they can require extensive treatment, rehabilitation, or surgery. Some burns can end up costing hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat, so you’re going to want to make sure you’re financially prepared to undergo the healing process.


Truman & Radford’s firm has been helping clients in Utah get compensation for their burns for several decades. This firm is waiting to do the same for you. Get in contact today, and they can tell you what your options are. 


What are the different degrees of fire burns? 


There are three different levels of burns, and it’s important to be thoroughly medically assessed to know exactly what treatment you will need.


1st degree burns are the lowest level of burn injuries. These are usually what happen when you accidentally touch a hot pan and only the top layer of skin gets affected. They usually result in the affected area becoming red and/or irritated, and a layer of skin may peel off after the initial healing process. 1st degree burns can still be very painful and leave scars. 


2nd degree burns affect the top and bottom layers of skin, and can result in blistering, swelling, wounds. These are usually much more painful and prone to scarring. 


3rd degree burns are the worst types of burns you can get, and are also known as “full thickness burns” because they fully go through every layer of skin and affect muscles, nerves, bones, or organs. They can take away all the pigment in your skin and leave you with a myriad of permanent effects, such as: 


  • Paralysis of certain limbs, fingers, or extremities.
  • Loss of vision
  • Loss of certain body parts, like nose, ear, mouth, eyelids. 
  • Disfigurement
  • Loss of hair
  • Lifelong chronic pain


These are of course just physical medical conditions, but third degree burns can also leave mental and emotional effects. 


My injury happened on the job, am I entitled to workers’ comp? 


All businesses who employ at least one person must provide workers’ comp for employees. If they don’t have insurance, that’s illegal and a whole other issue. Assuming they do have insurance, then workers’ compensation can be negotiated with the insurance company by your attorney. 


If your injury happened off the job due to someone else’s negligence, you may have to file a personal injury lawsuit instead, proving that the person’s negligence was the cause of your injuries. 


Do you need help getting compensation for your burn? 


Get in touch with Truman & Radford, Injury Attorneys, today.


Truman & Radford, Injury Attorneys

Tel: 435-692-9000

20 North Main Street, #309

St. George, Utah

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *