Involved in an Auto Collision?
A car accident can happen in the blink of an eye. And, unfortunately, the split second it takes for vehicles to collide can lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering. If you or someone you love was involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation – especially if the accident was caused by another person’s negligent actions on the road. But first, you need to retain a top car accident lawyers who will help you fight your claim and protect your rights. That’s where we step in to assist.
USAttorneys.com is a free and convenient site that features access to some of the best and most experienced car accident lawyers across the nation. Each of the attorneys you’ll find on our site have the knowledge, drive, and commitment it takes to obtain a successful verdict for a car accident claim and will not rest until they are able to help you and your family attain justice. To find a lawyer in your area, simply click on the interactive map above. Information on each practicing attorney’s background, case history, and firm are available for you to check out. If you would still like additional information, just fill out our quick and easy contact form or contact one of our representatives.
You deserve the best possible legal counsel available, and our car accident attorney and auto lawyers are here to help. Start looking for elite legal representation today.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Not all auto collisions result in injuries, but those that do can lead to severe physical and mental trauma. There are actually many different kinds of injuries that a car accident victim can suffer. Some of these injuries can be minor, while others may be extremely severe.
When it comes to mental or emotional injuries, victims can experience deep and long-lasting trauma that may affect them for the rest of their lives, including post-traumatic stress, anxiety, and an overall fear of driving or riding in a motor vehicle. These types of injuries can be so debilitating that a victim may end up losing their job, become reclusive, and in general, have their lives completely turned upside down.
Like mental injuries, the physical injuries that can follow a car crash can also range in severity and can affect victims forever. Some injuries can be treated with minor medical attention, but others require extensive rehabilitation. Unfortunately, some car accident injuries result in fatalities.
No matter what kind of injuries you or a loved one suffered, you have a right to turn to a car accident lawyer for help in recovering compensation. You may receive reimbursement for medical costs, lost wages, general pain and suffering, and the wrongful death of a family member.
Retain a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer Now
The sooner you file a car accident claim, the sooner you can obtain justice for your injuries or losses. Speak to a car accident attorneys and auto injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and get started on your case right away.
What Types of Auto Accidents Can I Collect Compensation For?
After going through a traumatic experience such as a vehicular accident, you may be wondering whether your particular type of accident will qualify you to receive compensation. In most cases, you more than likely should be awarded for the property damage caused along with the injuries you sustained. And even if you were at-fault, it is vital you have one of our car accident lawyers assess your incident as they can best determine what exactly your mishap is worth. Each state varies with its laws and you very well might be entitled to receive payment even if you caused the crash.
Some of the most common types of car accidents that occur include:
• Rear-end collisions
• Single vehicle crashes
• T-bone accidents
• Rollovers caused by re-correcting
Auto accidents are also caused by a number of different things. Some factors that are known to cause car crashes include:
• Drunk driving
• Driving drunk and speeding
• Red light running
• Cellphone use
• Distracted driving
• Aggressive driving
• Hit and run accidents
• Failure to look before changing lanes
Accidents can be deadly, detrimental, and bring upon more pain, suffering, and mental anguish than you ever expected. It is important that no matter what the circumstances may be, you reach out to us immediately and allow us to pair you up with a local car collision lawyer who can help you. It isn’t easy trying to cope with the aftermath of an accident and it definitely isn’t an easy fight to get through when the insurance company who is supposed to compensate you isn’t complying.
In 2015 alone, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that 35,092 people died in motor vehicle accidents. That was an increase of 7.2 percent form 2014 and it can be assumed that the numbers have risen as drivers have become more careless in behavior.
What kind of damages can I seek after getting into a car accident?
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you can either seek economic or non-economic damages. Economic damages pertain to compensation for monetary losses sustained as a result of a car accident injury. Non-economic damages constitute non-financial losses, which are generally harder to distinguish.
What types economic damages can I recover from a car accident?
The types of economic damages you can recover from a car accident may include:
- Lost Wages: Regardless of whether or not you were employed at the time of your car accident, you may still be able to recover lost wages if you can show how the accident has since stifled your overall earning potential. If you were employed at the time of the crash, you can seek compensation for any lost wages incurred from the time you were injured to the end of the lawsuit.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: If any of the injuries you sustained have since prevented you from being employed, then a car accident lawyer may be able to help you prove that the car accident negatively affected your ability to earn an income.
- Medical Expenses: This can include both future and present medical expenses for assistive devices, emergency room visits, future appointments with medical professionals, hospital stays, surgery, and any prolonged care needed as a result of injuries due to a car accident.
What types of non-economic damages can I recover from a car accident?
The types of non-economic damages you can recover from a car accident may include:
- Loss of Consortium: If someone’s spouse was killed in a car accident, then the surviving partner has the option to pursue compensation for any loss of assistance, companionship, or services from their loved one in the event of a wrongful death caused by a car accident. This also applies to children who suffered from loss of any of the aforementioned due to the wrongful death of a parent due to a car crash.
- Mental Anguish: If you suffered from any emotional pain after you car accident, you may be eligible to collect compensation. This can include feelings of anxiety, fear, grief, nervousness, worry, or any other emotional trauma felt as a result of the car crash.
- Pain and Suffering: The magnitude of your injuries will be taken into account in order to determine the total amount of damages you may be awarded. Factors can include the type of injury, the financial impact of the injury in question, and the length of time you are expected to suffer as a result of the car accident.
- Punitive Damages: If the actions of the negligent party are deemed to be with malicious intent, then the court may opt to enforce punitive damages. These are geared toward punishing the guilty party and preventing them from continuing the same behavior in the future.
What are the different type of car accident clams I can pursue?
Certain states may fall under no-fault insurance law, which works to control the amount of lawsuits that are filed for minor car accidents. Only certain situations are allowed in regard to collecting additional compensation for damages, which include:
- Manufacturer Liability: If either party’s vehicle had a defect that caused a car accident, then the injured person may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer of either the vehicle or of the faulty parts. If it is proven that the car in question had either a labeling issue or faulty design, then the manufacturer is at risk of being held liable regardless of who is actually at fault for causing the car accident. Common defective parts include accelerators, airbags, brakes, engines, and seat belts.
- Negligence: If a certain level of discretion and caution was not used while operating a vehicle on the road, then that party may be guilty of negligence. In fact, negligence is one of the most commonly cited factors in accidents involving bicyclists, motorists, and pedestrians. In order to prove negligence, your car accident lawyer will need to prove that the defendant did not meet the anticipated level of care, and that as a result their negligence was the cause of the car accident. In this case, bus drivers, drunk drivers, and reckless drivers can all fall under the umbrella of a negligent driver.
- Road Design: Inadequate construction, maintenance, or design can be to blame as the cause for a car accident. Specific examples of road design that can lead to a crash may include barriers, embankments, guardrails, signage, surfaces, and traffic control. If any of the aforementioned are not up to acceptable standards, then motorist safety may be compromised, ultimately resulting in a car accident.
- Wrongful Death: In very extreme cases, you may have legal rights to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit if a loved one was killed in a car accident. If this is the case, then either the family or loved ones of the victim will need a car accident attorney to show that their loved one was killed as a result of the other party’s negligence, and they may be entitled to economic, non-economic, and punitive damages.
Why do I need to hire a car accident lawyer?
According to the National Highway Safety Administration, driving is more dangerous than ever, making it that much more important to make sure you have a car accident attorney you can trust who is on your side. Along with the increasing rate of car accidents occurring every year, there are constantly changing regulations and rules that only further complicate the claims process, which ultimately the collection of compensation you are rightfully entitled to.
In the event of a severe injury or even death, these rules and restrictions also apply to filing for additional damages, including pain and suffering. Enlisting the help of a car accident attorney can help you determine whether or not you qualify to file a claim for additional damages against the negligent party, as well as help ensure you collect the full amount of benefits from your insurance party.
Overall, the outcome and subsequent success of your claim is dependent on your car accident attorney’s ability to analyze and package evidence in your case.
Specifically, if you have injuries as a result of an auto crash, our car accident lawyers can help you prepare your claim by:
- Enlisting expert witnesses to review evidence.
- Gathering accident and police reports.
- Interviewing witnesses.
- Recreating the accident scene.
- Reviewing medical reports.
- Taking pictures of injuries sustained, damage, and the accident scene.
Moreover, it is not uncommon for insurance companies to work against the plaintiff in order to prevent them from collecting the full amount of compensation. Insurance companies can do this by trying to present you injury as temporary instead of permanent. An experienced car accident lawyer will have the experience necessary in order to ensure you or any other injured party is not taken advantage of by an insurance company.
Find out more about how the car accident attorneys at USAttorneys.com can help you achieve the best result possible for your case by scheduling a free consultation today.