When the front of two vehicles collide with one another, the accident is classified as a head-on collision. Head-on collisions can happen when a driver operates their vehicle in a careless manner or when outside factors such as inclement weather interfere with a driver’s visibility. Some other common causes of these unfortunate accidents include:
- A rushing or speeding driver. When a driver is more concerned about getting to where they need to go, they may ignore traffic signs and/or roadway conditions which could cause a head-on collision.
- A distracted driver. A driver who takes their mind or attention off the road puts themselves at risk of veering into another lane and into oncoming traffic.
- A fatigued driver. Driving tired is just as dangerous as driving while impaired. Drivers who operate their vehicles while feeling fatigued are more at risk of falling asleep at the wheel and swerving into another driver’s lane.
- An impaired driver. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, motorists who choose to operate their vehicle while impaired often experience the following:
- Slowed reaction time
- Decreased hand-eye coordination
- Weakened concentration
- Difficulty assessing time and distance
Impairment is a common element in many of the head-on collisions that occur in Florida.
- A driver who improperly passes. Impatient drivers will often attempt to pass the vehicle in front of them, even when it is illegal or unsafe to do so. When a driver attempts to improperly pass the vehicle in front of them, they risk colliding into oncoming traffic.
- Poor roadway lighting. When the roadway is poorly lit, it can make it difficult for drivers to see roadway signs or maintain their lane. This too can increase the chances of a head-on collision happening.
- A careless driver. If a driver in Florida operates their vehicle carelessly or recklessly, their actions could cause their vehicle to spin out of control and into oncoming traffic.
What do to after engaging in a head-on collision in Miami, Florida?
If a driver has recently been involved in a head-on collision in Miami, FL, and suffered injuries, they can contact Mario Trespalacios P.A. to gain a better understanding of their legal rights and how they can recover compensation from the other party. The Miami, FL personal injury attorneys at Mario Trespalacios P.A. understand the devastating effects a head-on collision can have on a victim and their family and are here to help anyone in need of legal assistance obtain it. If a victim is entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering, mental anguish, medical bills, etc., the Miami personal injury attorneys at Mario Trespalacios P.A. are qualified and capable of helping them pursue it.
Mario Trespalacios P.A. can be contacted at:
9495 SW 72 Street, Suite B-275
Miami, FL 33173