Pennsylvania – November 30, 2021
Accidents may quickly result in “life-changing” long term and residual injuries, as well as property damages after a car crash in Pittsburgh. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Pennsylvania can help navigate the unexpected negative3 impacts and subsequent hurdles during the healing, or grieving state after a serious car accident. Pennsylvania law provides for compensation, or indemnity when an injured party was not at fault, or shared fault with another party. Experienced injury attorneys near Pittsburgh can build a platform of strength by proving negligence through a determination of fault that will facilitate productive communication with insurance companies and facilitate larger court awards that address the wide-ranging losses of an accident victim including invisible injuries that require continued health care services.
Injuries increase in U.S.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that people in the U.S. are much more likely to die from accidental injuries than they were two decades ago, but their risk for three top causes of these deaths depends on where they live. Accidental injuries affect everyone, regardless of age, race, or economic status. Professional legal counsel is a valuable asset when a person is faced with an unexpected injury that necessitates financial compensation, or when they are faced with the loss of economic stability due to an accidental, or wrongful death situation.
Invisible injury may be costly.
Accident victims should be aware that they may have an invisible injury after an accident such as a whiplash, or brain injury. Victims should be screened by a medical professional and speak with a Pittsburgh accident lawyer to make certain they did not suffer bodily harm that may cause ill-effects at some time in the future.
- Traumatic brain injuries can be referred to as invisible injuries because they cannot be seen without invasive diagnostic testing. Brain injuries require assessment and treatment by trained health care professionals.
- Symptoms of traumatic brain injury could be emotional with changes in mood, and irritability, reveal in physical manifestations such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue, as well as cognitive signs involving memory problems and difficulty with attention.
- Whiplash is a neck injury commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents. It happens when someone experiences a forceful overextension of the neck beyond its typical range of motion. The movement is rapid, like a whip. Whiplash may be an invisible injury that can be serious and have lingering effects for months or years. Even mild cases can result in debilitating discomfort and impact daily life as an injury nearly impossible to ignore.
- Symptoms such as neck pain may be immediate, or appear several days after the injury. In addition to neck pain and stiffness, symptoms may be similar to TBI, including other symptoms such as headache, dizziness, abnormal sensations, or shoulder, or back pain. Some people experience cognitive, somatic, or psychological conditions such as memory loss, concentration impairment, nervousness/irritability.
- About 3 million Americans sustain whiplash injuries each year and half of those suffer related chronic pain.
- Approximately 300,000 Americans become disabled due to the pain of whiplash.
- Most whiplash injuries occur at crash speeds below 12 miles per hour.
Hire an attorney.
An accident victim can reduce stress and worry by hiring a competent legal professional, who is better suited to communicate with insurance carriers, and opposing legal counsel, while tracking important court filing timelines. Experienced accident attorneys at Scanlon & Wojton can assist surviving family members with insurance claims and accidental death benefit compensation in the case of fatal injury, and will be able to make a proper damage valuation based on the impacts of an invisible injury.
Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law
The Mitchell Building
304 Ross Street, Suite 510
Pittsburgh, Pa 15219
Phone: (412) 918-1241
Fax: (412) 235-7275
- Can a Florida real estate attorney assist renters who have air conditioning concerns? - September 14, 2022
- What should Woodstock Georgia drunk driving accident victims do to recover losses? - September 2, 2022
- Negative impact of Instagram caused eating disorder and attempted suicide in Kentucky. - August 16, 2022