ABOUT Law Offices of Robert P. Spretnak
Fighting for justice for all Nevada workers
We are a civil litigation law firm. We are located in the southeastern part of the Las Vegas Valley, in the most exciting city in the world, in Nevada, the greatest state in the union.
Our primary area of practice is the representation of employees throughout Nevada in disputes with their current or former employers. We have fought some of the largest employers in the State of Nevada. We accept cases involving unlawful employment discrimination under the following federal and state laws:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which bars discrimination based on race, religion, national origin and sex)
- the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (barring discrimination against workers over the age of 40)
- the Americans with Disabilities Act (whether based on an actual disability, or the mere perception of a disability)
- Section 613.330 of the Nevada Revised Statutes
In addition, we accept cases involving violations of a number of other laws that protect your rights as an employee:
- Unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Denial of federally-mandated leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Unpaid benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Unemployment compensation
- Unpaid wages under chapter 608 of the Nevada Revised Statutes.
We represent employees in claims involving breaches of employment agreements, including cases involving non-compete agreements. We also accept cases on behalf of clients who have been denied their civil rights less than 42 U.S.C. 1983 or 1985.
Our practice is not limited to workplace disputes. We represent people and business - especially small businesses - in a variety of actions, ranging from breach of contract, to trade secrets and defamation, and to issues involving homeowners associations.
We also handle arbitration matters and other "alternative dispute resolution" procedures. And not just as attorneys. Robert Spretnak has been appointed by the Clark County District Court to serve as an arbitrator in various civil litigation matters.
Law Firm MEMBERS
Areas of LAW
- Sexual Harassment