When your Wisconsin-based interests are at stake.
O'Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C., founded in Milwaukee in 1973, is a full-service legal practice that primarily focuses on providing business law and civil litigation services to closely-held businesses and their owners. The firm represents corporations, institutions and partnerships at all stages of the business life cycle, helping them start, grow and transition from one generation to the next. We also assist business owners with their personal legal needs. Our firm is divided into six practice groups, each focusing on providing their clients with the most effective legal representation possible. Our teams regularly collaborate to ensure that our clients' needs are met with exceptional legal service.
The firm's practice groups include:
• Litigation, including business litigation, class action litigation, appellate services, arbitration/mediation, plaintiff's personal injury litigation, and family law.
• Business Law, including commercial loan representation, bankruptcy, employment law, employee benefits and ERISA, franchise/dealership law, and intellectual property.
• Banking & Creditors' Rights, including drafting and negotiating loan agreements and collateral documents in real estate, asset based and non-recourse financing transactions.
• Employment Law, including providing general employment counsel for employers, drafting and reviewing employment agreements, policies and handbooks, wage and hour compliance, ADA and FMLA compliance, union issues, OSHA, and employment litigation.
• Tax and Succession Planning, including business succession planning, estate planning, tax advice and planning, and tax litigation.
• Real Estate and Construction, including real estate development and land use law, as well as construction law.
Because we know that businesses and their owners rely on attorneys during some of the most fulfilling—and frightening—times in their lives, we combine the experience and proficiency level of a large firm with the personal approach and level of service found at a local law firm.
Member of Meritas, a global alliance of over 7,000 lawyers serving in 170 full-service law firms across more than 70 countries.