Anthony De Los Reyes started his law career in 1969 as a staff attorney for the Interinsurance Exchange of the Automobile Club of Southern California. He spent a little more than a year defending the insurance company against personal injury claims by individuals.
It didn’t take long for Tony to realize his heart was in protecting people rather than companies. He moved to a leading plaintiff law firm where he could follow his passion, representing people who had suffered serious personal injuries or the families of those who lost a loved one to a wrongful death because of the carelessness or negligence of another.
Advocating for Accident Victims
Tony became well-known in the plaintiffs’ bar as he represented people in aviation accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, personal injury, wrongful death, and insurance matters. He handled cases for the families who lost loved ones in some of the most well-known commercial airplane accidents, and he has represented clients in state and federal courts throughout California, as well as in Wisconsin, Washington, and Nevada.
Committed to Succeeding for Clients
Tony De Los Reyes demands accountability from the wrongdoer. He believes that obtaining justice for his clients is a big step in their healing process and knows that the compensation he obtains for them can ease their financial worries and assist them in starting over.
Well-liked by jurors, judges, arbitrators, mediators, and even defense counsel, Tony is a master at explaining in an easy-to-understand manner his clients’ circumstances and how the law applies to their injuries. With an outstanding record of multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements, Tony has earned accolades from his fellow attorneys.
• Southern California Super Lawyers, 2006, 2009 – 2018
• Martindale-Hubbell, Preeminent AV Rating
• Los Angeles Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
• Los Angeles Superior Court, Settlement Officer
• Chancery Club
• Consumer Attorneys of California
• American Board of Trial Advocates
• Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Board of Trustees
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Executive Committee of Senior Lawyers Section
• Mexican-American Bar Association
• Italian-American Bar Association
• Irish-American Bar Association
• State Bar of California, Continuing Education, Lecturer, 1987 – 2000
• State Bar of California, Convention Delegate, 1986
• Private Pilots License, Calif.
• Licensed Race Car Driver, International Motor Sports Association
• Civil Service Commission, City of Los Angeles, President, 2007 – 2014
• Los Angeles Police Department, Hearing Examiner, 1994 – present
• Cultural Affairs Commission, City of Los Angeles, 2002 – 2007
• Los Angeles Sister Cities, Vice President, 2004 – 2006
• Board of Police Commissioners, City of Los Angeles, June 1991 – Aug. 1993
• Board of Civil Service Commissioners, City of Los Angeles, 1983 – 1990
• Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art, Trustee, 1989 – 1991
• Citizens Advisory Commission to the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee, Member
• Friends of the USC Libraries, Board of Directors, 1984 – 1986
• Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, Inc., President, 1986 – 1989
• Los Angeles Committee for Commissioning the Arts, Chairman, 1986