For more than five years, Deacon defended Riceland, Inc., the world's largest miller and marketer of rice against hundreds of lawsuits regarding the discovery of genetically engineered rice in the 2006 commercial rice supply. And then in 2012, was lead counsel in obtaining the largest jury verdict in the State of Arkansas - $136.8M for Riceland vs. Bayer. For years, he has also advised, litigated and represented corporate clients from the railroad, automobile, trucking and agricultural industries.
- In 2007, the Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel presented Deacon with the Outstanding Defense Attorney Award;
- The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of product liability law and railroad law
- Mid-South Super Lawyers in the practice area of Business Litigation and personal injury.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating which is the highest available to any individual attorney.
- President, Arkansas Bar Foundation, 2005-2006.
- President, Arkansas Association of Defense Counsel, 1994-1995.
- Member, Arkansas Supreme Court's Committee on Professional Conduct
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel's Product Liability Committee and
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel