ABOUT Brently C. Olsson
Brently C. Olsson has over twenty years experience handling defense litigation. He has great versatility in being lead counsel in insurance bad faith, construction, real estate, personal injury, and employment litigation. He has represented insurance companies, cities and political subdivisions, religious organization and churches, construction companies, trucking companies, retail stores and manufacturers.
Brent was a partner with the law firm of Huckaby, Fleming, Greenwood & Olsson prior to joining Helms and Greene. His practice includes all of Oklahoma courts as lead trial counsel. Brent has also orally argued appeals to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Brent has also taught Continuing Legal Education courses on an insurance carrier's duties of good faith and fair dealing and bad faith litigation. He has been called upon by insurance companies to evaluate the progress of a claim and provide guidance for a successful conclusion.
Brent is admitted to the Oklahoma Bar. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma and the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the United States Supreme Court.
While in law school, Brent began trying jury trials as an intern with the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office.
Brent obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Oral Roberts University graduating with honors. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Tulsa.
Insurance Bad Faith
• Lead counsel representing insurance companies and developing strategy in defending and explaining how the insurance company fairly acted to resolve the claim of issue.
Insurance Claims and Coverage
• Retained to evaluate claims on coverage issues and develop strategies to successfully investigate and resolve claim.
• Provide insurance coverage opinions for personal and commercial policies.
• Brought declaratory relief actions on coverage disputes
• Successfully represented employers in wrongful termination and discrimination disputes and related issues.
Construction Defect Litigation
• Represented roofing contractors, general contractors and different trades in construction defect litigation.
• Represented manufacturer in products liability cases of oil field equipment and drug manufacturers.
• Defended the celebration of Christmas by employees of the City of Oklahoma City as part of settlement crafted a religious expression in the work place policy for the City to adopt.
• Defended police officers to verdict in an excessive force case.
Automobile Personal and Commercial Lines
• Defended numerous cases of auto liability issues including uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage issues.
• Represented trucking companies in trials and settlements.
• The Hartford
• Scottsdale Insurance Company/Nationwide Insurance. Chairman, Board of Directors for Excellence in Home Education.
Areas of LAW
- Civil Rights
- Insurance Defense