ABOUT Cristina Perez Hesano
Cristina Perez Hesano is a bankruptcy, personal injury, and civil litigation attorney with a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice and Juris Doctorate from Arizona State University. After starting her career as a judicial extern in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona, for the Honorable Redfield T. Baum, Cristina gained experience in consumer bankruptcy matters at two law firms, honing the skills that would allow her to open her own firm. In 2010, Cristina established Perez Law Group, PLLC, which she successfully managed for three years, before merging with Bellah & Associates, PLLC to create Bellah Perez, PLLC.
At Bellah Perez, PLLC, Cristina continues to provide experienced representation to individuals and businesses in bankruptcy and debt negotiation, as well as being accomplished in dealing with debtor and creditor rights. In addition to this proficiency in bankruptcy representation, Cristina is equally adept in civil litigation and personal injury, practice areas she approaches with the same zeal and dedication that has defined her career thus far. From medical malpractice and auto accidents to breach of contract and debt defense, Cristina’s commitment to fighting for her clients in a variety of practice areas has allowed Bellah Perez, PLLC to settle several million-dollar cases.
Yet whether the case is big or small, straightforward or complex, Cristina is passionate about standing up for those who have been wronged — no case is small or simple to a client who has suffered injustice. Cristina’s background in mediation has specially equipped her with problem-solving abilities using a variety of negotiation styles. With these skills, she has also served as a court-appointed panel mediator for the Justice Courts of Arizona in Maricopa County and facilitates settlement negotiations for various types of legal matters.
In her personal life, she is a wife, mother to a beautiful little girl, and faithful parishioner. In her spare time, she teaches indoor cycling classes at the Gainey Village Health Club & Spa to stay in shape and keep in touch with the community. She values this opportunity to connect with people from all walks of life, knowing that connection will inform her relationship with the diverse clients she represents.
• Member of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Arizona
• Continuing Legal Education Chairperson for the State Bar of Arizona’s Young Lawyers Division
• Executive Council Member-at-Large of the State Bar of Arizona’s Young Lawyers Division
• Young Lawyers Division Liaison for the Bankruptcy Section Executive Council, State Bar of Arizona
• CLE Co-Chair for Arizona Bankruptcy Consumer Council
• Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Arizona Convention Chair, 2013
• Member of the Volunteer Lawyers Program
• Member of the Arizona Local Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure Committee
• Court Appointed Panel Mediator, Justice Court of Arizona in and for Maricopa County
• Super Lawyers 2015 Southwest Rising Star
• Super Lawyers 2014 Southwest Rising Star
• Top Pro Bono Attorney in Arizona for 2013
• Board of Directors, Eve’s Place, a non-profit comprehensive program for victims of domestic abuse
Areas of LAW
- Bus Accident
- Car Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Personal Injury
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death