A major part of success is preparation and perseverance. Those same principles guide my approach to the cases that I pursue on behalf of my clients.
In law school, I served as the editor-in-chief of the Quinnipiac Law Review. Since graduating law school and being admitted to the bar over twenty years ago, I have gained the experience and skills necessary to handle a diverse array of legal matters. I began my career as a law clerk for the Connecticut Superior Court and then as a law clerk for the Connecticut Appellate Court. Those experiences helped me develop my legal writing skills and insight on the judicial process at both the trial court and appellate levels. Following my clerkships in Connecticut, I moved back home to Rhode Island and began working in private practice. While I have been in private practice, I have handled both criminal and civil matters. I have gained significant experience litigating automobile accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, divorce and issues related to child custody, including school choice and parental relocation.
My practice is primarily focused in the areas of personal injury law, family law, criminal defense, landlord tenant, employment law, commercial law, as well as land use planning, and appellate practice. I have represented clients in high stakes injury cases including motorcycle collisions, truck accidents, and drunk driving accidents. I have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients during the course of my career, ensuring that my client receives just compensation.
As part of my family law practice, I have helped many clients get through the difficult process of divorce and related issues of child custody. My role as their lawyer is not merely transactional for me. I get to get to know my clients and we work together to get them through a difficult time to reach the best possible resolution. To that end, I always strive to be accessible, supportive, and reliable.
If you are looking for an attorney that will take the time to listen to your legal problem, advise you on your options, and represent your interests vigorously, while counseling you in a holistic manner, then I invite you to give me a call for a consultation.
• Distinguished Academic Achievement Awards in the following classes: Legal Skills I, 1995
• Distinguished Academic Achievement Awards in the following classes: Legal Skills II, 1996
• Distinguished Academic Achievement Awards in the following classes: Family Law, 1997
• Kristen Ann Carveth Memorial Book Award: Family Law, 1998
• Quinnipiac Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1997-1998
• Author, Casenote: BMW of North America v. Gore: Is the Supreme Court Initiating Judicial Tort Reform?, 16 Quinnipiac L. Rev. 533, 1997
• Morrison Mahoney LLP, Senior Associate Attorney
• Revens, Revens & St. Pierre, Warwick, Rhode Island, Associate
• Connecticut Superior Court, Law Clerk
• Judge Paul M. Foti of the Connecticut Appellate Court, Law Clerk
• City of Bridgeport Ethics Commission, Commissioner, 2000 to 2001
• City of Warwick Charter Review Commission, 2010
• City of Warwick Board of Tax Assessment Review, Member, 2012 to 2018