Kevin is a co-founding partner of the firm and over the course of his nearly twenty year career, he has built an impeccable reputation as a trial lawyer through his aggressive pursuit of justice. Kevin has tried over seventy-five cases to verdict representing large corporations, insurance companies, small private companies and individual clients in a diverse variety of civil disputes including general commercial litigation, shareholder disputes, employment litigation, insurance defense, products liability, medical malpractice, premise liability, truck accidents and personal injury. The cases that Kevin litigates often involve wrongful death and catastrophic injury including brain damage, amputation or paralysis. Kevin regularly appears in the state and federal courts as well as an array of administrative agencies and forums in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Kevin is deeply committed to protecting his clients. Through detailed analysis, extensive investigation and vast knowledge of the law, he takes apart each case piece by piece to devise the best strategy to maximize his clients’ result.
• Kevin represented a construction worker who sustained serious injuries when he fell nearly sixty feet off a scaffold. His injuries included multiple broken bones and a mild/moderate head injury. The worker recovered from most of the physical injuries but he continued to be affected by the head injury, preventing him from working on a full-time basis. Shortly after the trial began, the defense agreed to settle the case for Three Million Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($3,250,000.00).
• Kevin represented an eighty-two year old woman who suffered a neurologic injury as a result of medical negligence. After two years of litigation, the defendant agreed to a settlement in the amount of Two Million Seven Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($2,750,000.00).
• Kevin represented the estate of a twenty-nine year old motorcyclist who was struck by a car at the top of a bridge. The motorcycle driver was catapulted off the bike and plunged over the bridge nearly 50 feet to his death. After three years of litigation, the case was settled for Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000.00).
• Kevin represented a 45 year old woman who was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. As a result of the accident, the woman sustained multiple broken bones as well as a vestibular injury. Shortly before the trial, the insurer for the individual who caused the accident settled for the policy limit of One Million Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($1,250,000.00).
• Kevin represented two individuals whose home experienced mold contamination after water entered the same following a rain storm. The homeonwners' insurance company did not properly remediate the mold and as a result, the house became uninhabitable. Kevin pursued a claim on the homeonwners' behalf against their insurance company, and after several years of litigation, the claim was settled in the amount Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($950,000).
• Kevin represented a 50 year old man whose arm was injured in a construction accident. The day before the commencement of the trial, the case settled for Seven Hundred and Seventy Five Thousand Dollars ($775,000.00).
• Kevin represented an individual whose home was uninhabitable as a result of a fire ignited by a co-inhabitant in the home. After a four week trial, the jury found the co-inhabitant liable for the fire and returned a verdict in favor of Kevin’s client in excess of Six Hundred Thousand Dollars ($600,000.00).
• Kevin represented a homeowner in an insurance claim brought by a milk-delivery person who sustained multiple, traumatic lacerations when she fell on shards of glass from milk bottles that broke when she tripped in the homeowner’s premises. The milk-delivery person sued the homeowner, demanding over One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00). The case went to trial and the jury returned with a verdict in favor of Kevin’s client (the homeowner) resulting in no payment to the Plaintiff.
• Kevin defended an entrepreneur who owned a successful mining enterprise and was being sued in Federal Court by individuals who had loaned money to the enterprise. The Plaintiffs claimed that the money loaned was an investment valued at Sixty-Eight Million Dollars ($68,000,000.00) while Kevin’s client believed the plaintiff’s were only owed approximately Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000.00). Kevin aggressively litigated the case and shortly after taking the seminal deposition of the lead plaintiff, the case was settled for the amount originally being offered by Kevin’s client.
Professional Affiliations and Associations
Rhode Island Bar Association
Providence College, Providence, RI
Member of the Adjunct Faculty, Law Department, 1998-Present
Jewelers Shipping Association, Cranston, RI
Member of Board of Directors, 2009-Present
Bishop Hendricken High School
Chairman, Board of Directors, 2011-Present
Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, 2008-2011
Member, Board of Directors, 2006-2008
Alumni Board President, 2002-2003
Chairperson of Alumni Phase of Capital Campaign, 2004
RI Special Olympics
Co-Chair of the annual fund event that raised over $100,000 which represented over 10% of the organization’s annual budget, 2007
RI Volunteer Lawyers Association
Kevin has handled a variety of cases for individuals who could not afford legal service. The cases range from landlord/tenant matters, collection and/or family law matters, 1994- Present
Literacy Volunteers of America
Member, Board of Directors for Providence Chapter 1994-1996
Honors and Distinctions
Suffolk University Law School Mock Trial Competition
American Bar Association Mock Trial Competition, Northeast Region
Bishop Hendricken High School Hall of Fame