ABOUT Richard B. Keeton
Richard Keeton, a Washington native, joined the firm as an associate in 2019. Richard represents businesses, trustees and receivers in bankruptcy cases, restructurings and out-of-court workouts.
Richard previously worked as a commercial litigation associate at a South Puget Sound law firm, where he assisted businesses and individuals protect and enforce their rights in state and federal courts.
Prior to being in private practice, Richard clerked for Judge Christopher M. Alston and served as an extern to Chief Judge Brian D. Lynch, both of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington.
Hearts and Hands of Care, Inc.
Chapter 11 representation in the District of Alaska of operator of group homes and in home care with approximately 250 employees.
Robinson Tait, P.S.
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of a large and complex consumer foreclosure law firm. Represent the trustee in liquidating the debtor’s assets, determining the ownership for millions of dollars of sales proceeds, and recouping preference and voidable transfers.
North Cascade Trustee Services, Inc.
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of a large and complex non-judicial foreclosure business. Represent the trustee in liquidating the debtor’s assets and determining the ownership for millions of dollars of sales proceeds.
In re Anderson
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in appeal of bankruptcy court’s order denying the trustee’s objection to the debtor’s claimed homestead exemption.
In re Turner
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in a complex individual case involving the transfer of substantial business interests and other assets into self-settled trusts.
In re Morris
Representation of Chapter 7 trustee in the administration of estate assets.
• Case Law Update & Local Practice Tips: Term Law Clerk Discussion of Recent Ninth Circuit Cases and a Cheat Sheet for Your Local Procedural Questions, King County Bar Association
• Volunteer Judge at UW School of Law moot court competitions
• Board member at WSBA Board of Bar Examiners
• American Bar Association, Business Law Section
• WSBA Creditor Debtor Rights Section
• King County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
• Turnaround Management Association
• Washington State Bar Association
Areas of LAW