Medical malpractice legislation and provisions are meant not only to compensate victims of medical malpractice, but to also ensure that doctors have all the impetus needed to be extra cautious and diligent at their work and not be too confident that they become negligent.
Doctors are human too and like the rest of us, they are prone to making mistakes. However, the difference is that a doctor’s mistakes can prove to be costly for the patient who may even have to pay with his or her life.
Furthermore, doctors are obligated to provide care to the best of their ability courtesy of the Hippocratic Oath that they take when they first step into the profession.
There are many short comings or inactions on part of a healthcare professional which according to Kansas state laws will be considered medical malpractice. Some common examples of medical malpractice include:
- administration of incorrect medication
- incorrect medication prescribed
- improper dose of medication prescribed
- incorrect dose administered,
- wrong diagnosis
- failure to diagnose
- not educating the patient prior to a treatment or surgery about the implications in terms of short term and long term side effects post the treatment or surgery,
- incorrectly deciphering x-rays, scan reports, blood reports, tissue reports
- performing a medical operation or service without the due permission of the patient, etc
If this sounds similar to something that has happened to you, or in other words, if you believe that you are suffering from injuries, ailment, or illness which was caused by a healthcare professional’s negligence or is something that could have been averted had the healthcare professional reasonably done his or her duty then you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses.
You need a lawyer who will be able to assist you every step of the way until your lawsuit is resolved and you receive every penny you deserve. You are in the right place. USAttorneys.com wants no one to be cheated by any establishment.
We have the legal pros that can fight the establishment for you. If your case is viable, they will be able to find a medical expert to back up your claim since this is required for you to have a case at all. Once this is confirmed, your attorney will be able to march forward with your case.
What are the damages you can win in a medical malpractice lawsuit?
- Economic damages – Economic damages are meant as compensation for the financial losses that a victim of medical malpractice or his or her family may have had to bear such as medical bills, loss of wages, or funeral costs (in case of death), etc. These damages will of course have to be supported with relevant bills and documentation.
- Non-economic damages – These damages are meant as compensation for losses which cannot be quantified in terms of money. For example, things like loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, etc. are considered non-economic damages.
The journey is just beginning
To connect with a majestic medical malpractice attorney in Kansas all you need is to use the interactive map which is right above this written page, just scroll up. This will allow you to access a legal representative that can take you to the Promised Land. You can also use the Local Lawyers Directory Search which is on the front page of this site where you can find rows of legal professionals in this realm depending on where you are at. Just type in your information!
The first meeting with a legal counselor is free. Keep your checkbook at home. We know you are facing enough costs as it is. We take care of the costs of this litigation. We are only paid when you are paid.
If you have any issues use the contact form or you can use the online chat popup space to submit to us your information. We will call you back quickly. No worries.
We know you are in a tough state right now and have bills piling up and you are not healthy like you should be. We can make someone pay for this. There is a process. Let’s get started on this today!