It is a fact that there are some things that can never be replaced such as lost time, and also, the loss of a loved one. Though the loved one that is being grieved over can never be replaced, the pain and suffering one endures due to their loss can be made easier to bear through receiving financial compensation. When families are grieving, going to work can be extremely difficult and individuals may also lose time from work because of their legal obligations and having to arrange the funeral. Family members will also lose income from the person who passed away and it is only fair that the negligent individuals be held to account for all the harm they caused.

There are many cases in which a person will be allowed to file a wrongful death claim Such claims usually come after semi-truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, construction accidents, as well as medical malpractice. If a person loses a family member after a product is defective or it fails, then they may also be entitled to file a wrongful death claim. When a person files a wrongful death action in Minnesota, the matter will be covered by the Minnesota Wrongful Death Act. According to this Act, the grieving family members will be allowed compensation for their funeral expenses, child and spousal support, and possibly punitive damages if the losses were severe.

The more important that person was in the life of their family members, the more they can claim for. Grieving loved ones even have the right to claim for the loss of care, advice, and comfort that the victim used to provide them with. The best way to get a better understanding of wrongful death law is to get in touch with a wrongful death attorney as soon as possible so they can assist a person in dealing with the legal matters of their situation.

Bringing a wrongful death claim in Minneapolis, MN

In order for a wrongful death claim to be brought, the trustee must be named by the court. The application for the trustee must be made through a verified petition of the surviving spouse or the next of kin. The petition is then filed with the court and the claim is brought in the name of the trustee on behalf of all the heirs.

Life after the loss of a loved one is never easy, and anyone who is going through the grieving process and needs financial compensation to help them through the difficult time should reach out to a wrongful death lawyer at the Law Offices of Martin, T. Montilino today.

Reach them at:


3109 Hennepin Avenue South

Minneapolis, MN 55408

(612) 236-1320

[email protected]

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *