- Physical abuse – This is when a nursing home resident is physically manhandled, pushed, beaten, or restrained unlawfully using straps and other restriction devices, which have now been outlawed in Alabama.
- Sexual abuse – When a nursing home resident is sexually violated by either a staff member or even another resident.
- Malnutrition – Elderly people may require customized food options and will need their meals at exactly specific times. Failure to provide them with all of the necessary macro and micro nutrients will constitute malnutrition, which is regarded as a type of nursing home abuse.
- Medication/prescription abuse – Forgetting to administer medication, administering the incorrect medication, administering the wrong dose of a medication or administering the medication at the incorrect time, etc. is regarded as medication/prescription negligence.
Other types of nursing home abuse also include:
- Financial abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Social abuse
- Failure to provide medical attention
- Failure to respond to calls
- Failure to assist with bathroom necessities
- Wrongful death
Warning signs and why you need a reliable and motivated nursing home abuse lawyer There are some signs which may indicate to you that your loved one is being abused or has been abused in the nursing home and you can pick up on these symptoms during visits. Some common signs include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden change in behavior or attitude
- Unexplained bruises
- Bed sores
- Frequent illness
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Resident is reserved and emotionally unavailable
If you even remotely suspect nursing home abuse, we highly recommend that you connect with one of our wonderful Alabama nursing home abuse legal professionals today! Here is where you can receive all the help you need to ensure the safety and well-being of your loved one. Get on USAttorneys.com to do this. What is your side of the story? The first meeting is free with a legal counselor. Most likely they are only paid if your family is paid. Contact us if you have any questions. We will call you back perhaps that same day.