Jackson, MS – There were reports of various kinds of damage following an accident in the Jackson, MS area.
Two car collision with property damage reported in Jackson
A two-car crash occurred in Northeast Jackson, Mississippi, resulting in significant damage to a power pole and several utility lines . The incident, which took place on the morning of Friday, November 17, 2023, is currently under investigation by the Jackson Police Department.
The collision transpired at the intersection of Old Canton Road and Ridgewood Road. In response to the extensive damage, Entergy, the local utility company, dispatched crews to the scene to replace the damaged power pole. This immediate action was crucial to restoring power and ensuring the safety of the affected area.
The aftermath of the crash caused traffic disruptions, as one of the vehicles involved remained overturned in front of a residential property. The presence of emergency responders and utility workers added to the congestion in the area, leading to delays for motorists trying to navigate the scene.
One of the major concerns arising from the incident is the potential impact on local residents. Entergy reported that some homes in the vicinity could experience power outages as a result of the damaged power pole and utility lines. The utility company will undoubtedly work diligently to minimize the duration of any outages and restore power to affected households.
As of the time of reporting, detailed information about the crash, such as the cause and any injuries sustained by those involved, remained undisclosed. It is expected that the Jackson Police Department will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the circumstances leading to the collision.
In conclusion, a two-vehicle crash on Old Canton Road and Ridgewood Road in Northeast Jackson, Mississippi, resulted in the destruction of a power pole and several utility lines. Entergy responded promptly to address the damage and restore power, while the incident caused traffic delays in the area. Further information regarding the crash is pending investigation by the Jackson Police Department, and the potential impact on local residents remains a concern as efforts to resolve the situation continue.
Does auto insurance cover the costs of all kinds of damage in Mississippi?
Auto insurance coverage in Mississippi, like in many other states, varies depending on the specific policy and its terms. While Mississippi law mandates that all drivers carry auto insurance, the type and extent of coverage can differ significantly from one policy to another. To understand whether auto insurance covers the costs of all kinds of damage in Mississippi, it’s essential to consider the different types of coverage and their limitations.
- Liability coverage is the most basic type of auto insurance required in Mississippi. It covers damages that you, as the policyholder, are legally responsible for in an accident. This includes bodily injury and property damage caused to other parties. Liability coverage does not pay for your own injuries or damages to your vehicle.
- Collision coverage is optional but can be valuable. It covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object, regardless of fault. However, you may still be responsible for a deductible.
- Comprehensive coverage is also optional and covers damages to your vehicle that result from non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, natural disasters, or hitting an animal. Like collision coverage, comprehensive coverage may come with a deductible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage:
- Mississippi requires uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This coverage protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance or lacks sufficient coverage to pay for your damages. It can also cover hit-and-run accidents.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP):
- PIP coverage is optional in Mississippi and provides compensation for medical expenses and sometimes lost wages for you and your passengers, regardless of fault. It can be particularly useful if you don’t have health insurance.
It’s important to note that auto insurance policies typically have limits and exclusions. For example, there may be limits on how much your policy will pay for certain types of damages, and certain incidents may not be covered at all.
To ensure you have adequate coverage for various types of damage, it’s crucial to review your policy carefully and consider your specific needs. You can also discuss your coverage options and potential gaps with your insurance agent.
Additionally, if you’re involved in an accident, it’s essential to promptly report the incident to your insurance company and follow their guidelines for filing a claim. Failure to do so may result in a denial of coverage.
In conclusion, auto insurance coverage in Mississippi can vary, and not all policies cover all kinds of damage. The types of coverage you have and their limits will depend on your policy. To ensure you have the coverage you need, carefully review your policy and consult with your insurance provider or agent. Understanding your coverage can help you make informed decisions and be prepared for unexpected events on the road.
Advice from local accident attorneys in Jackson
Ballard Law is an experienced group of car accident attorneys who can provide more information to local clients in Jackson, Mississippi.
USAttorneys.com can provide more info to anyone who needs a referral to a lawyer in their area. They can be reached at 800-672-3103
Firm contact info:
108 S President Street
Jackson, MS 39201