Severe injuries result after ejection of two car accident victims in Pittsburgh.
Pennsylvania – March 20, 2022
Two adult car accident victims are in critical condition after a single vehicle rollover accident causes them to be ejected from their vehicle. Both individuals were taken to area hospitals for medical care after the Allegheny County accident that occurred in the early morning hours near the 900 block of Ardmore Boulevard. Severe accidents may result in “life-changing” long term and residual disability, as well as property loss following a car crash in Pittsburgh. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Pennsylvania can help navigate the unexpected negative impacts and subsequent hurdles during the healing, or grieving state after a serious car accident. Experienced injury attorneys near Pittsburgh can build a proving negligence through a determination of fault that will facilitate productive communication with insurance companies, or facilitate larger court awards that address the wide-ranging losses of an accident victim including invisible injuries that require continued health care services.
Invisible injury may be costly.
Accident victims should be aware that they may have an invisible injury after an accident such as a whiplash, or brain injury. Victims should be screened by a medical professional and speak with a Pittsburgh accident lawyer to make certain they did not suffer bodily harm that may cause ill-effects at some time in the future.
- Traumatic brain injuries can be referred to as invisible injuries because they cannot be seen without invasive diagnostic testing. Brain injuries require assessment and treatment by trained health care professionals.
- Symptoms of traumatic brain injury could be emotional with changes in mood, and irritability, reveal in physical manifestations such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue, as well as cognitive signs involving memory problems and difficulty with attention.
- Whiplash is a neck injury commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents. It happens when someone experiences a forceful overextension of the neck beyond its typical range of motion. The movement is rapid, like a whip. Whiplash may be an invisible injury that can be serious and have lingering effects for months or years. Even mild cases can result in debilitating discomfort and impact daily life through injuries that are impossible to ignore.
- Symptoms such as neck pain may be immediate, or appear days after the injury. In addition to neck pain and stiffness, symptoms may be similar to TBI, including other symptoms such as headache, dizziness, abnormal sensations, or shoulder, or back pain. Some people experience cognitive, somatic, or psychological conditions such as memory loss, concentration impairment, nervousness/irritability.
- About 3 million Americans sustain whiplash injuries each year and half of those suffer related chronic pain.
- Approximately 300,000 Americans become disabled due to the pain of whiplash.
- Most whiplash injuries occur at crash speeds below 12 miles per hour.
Hire an attorney.
An accident victim or their loved ones may wonder, “Where do I find an attorney near me,” whose guidance may reduce stress and worry, as they are better suited to communicate with insurance carriers, and opposing legal counsel, while tracking important court filing timelines. Experienced accident attorneys at Scanlon & Wojton can assist accident victims with insurance claims and accidental death benefit compensation in the case of fatal injury, and will be able to make a proper damage valuation based on the impacts of an invisible injury.
Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law
The Mitchell Building
304 Ross Street, Suite 510
Pittsburgh, Pa 15219
Phone: (412) 918-1241
Fax: (412) 235-7275
- https://ww https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/allegheny-county/2-people-critical-condition-after-being-ejected-car-rollover-accident/6Z7HQKBNBBBCBPBW5IA4YPK2WI/
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!