Hurricane Isaias remains a Category 1 Hurricane as it edges towards Florida. Palm Beach County could start to see tropical storm force winds as early as 2PM to 4PM this afternoon. The worst weather is expected at about 5AM to 7AM Sunday morning. A Hurricane Warning is in effect from Boca Raton to the Volusia/Brevard County line in Central Florida.
Here is a list of Shelters currently open if you feel the need to evacuate or leave your home. All CDC guidelines will be followed.
- Lake Shore Middle School: 425 W Canal St. N, Belle Glade
- Palm Beach Gardens High School: 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens
- Palm Beach Central High School: 8499 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington
- Park Vista High School: 7900 Jog Rd., Lake Worth
- Animals only shelter – West Boynton Recreation Center: 6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth
Although at the moment the latest storm track does not show a significant impact to the Florida mainland, please make sure you and your family are prepared and your property is secured.
I will continue to share important developments as they are released.
Democrat for Florida State House, District 81
IMPORTANT EMERGENCY RESOURCES
To learn more about how to prepare for a storm, how to secure your home, or to receive storm updates, please visit: https://www.stateofflorida.com/articles/hurricane-preparedness-guide/
For a list of storm shelters in Palm Beach County as well as pet-friendly shelters, please visit: https://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/dem/Pages/Shelters.aspx
KNOW YOUR ZONE: Find out if you must evacuate: https://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/dem/Pages/Hurricane.aspx