Pennsylvania – March 21, 2022
An early morning car crash on I-95 in Pennsylvania resulted in fatal injury to three people, including two Pennsylvania State Police officers. The accident occurred in the southbound lanes near Philadelphia as the officers were assisting a man who was walking on the highway. All three individuals were struck by another driver who had swerved onto the shoulder causing fatal injuries. An investigation into the crash is underway and the roadway has been reopened after a procession to transport the officers away from the scene. Car accident victims who have suffered injury, or lost a loved one should contact experienced injury attorneys in Pennsylvania with questions and assistance filing claims and legal action.
A wrongful death legal action is a particular type of lawsuit that is brought by loved ones of someone who dies because of the negligent, reckless, or deliberate act of someone. Damages in these lawsuits can include:
- Medical bills from the time of injury until death,
- Funeral and burial expenses,
- Compensation for lost wages a loved one would have earned had he lived to his normal life expectancy,
- Compensation for the pain and suffering endured by the surviving family members due to their loved one’s absence,
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the person who caused the death,
- Estate administration expenses.
State statute and liability.
Losing a loved one is devastating, but loved ones must hold negligent drivers accountable for that loss. Contact skilled legal counsel who will build a case under Title 42, Chapter 83 of the Pennsylvania General Statutes, Section 8301, defining wrongful death as one that is “caused by the wrongful act, or negligence of another.” Beneficiaries must be mindful of Pennsylvania’s two year statute of limitations for wrongful death legal action and contact an experienced accident attorney soon after a catastrophic accident for legal direction.
Determining liability after a motor vehicle accident is difficult and reports from witnesses, police and medical personnel will become especially important documents to build a strong case for negligence against a driver who caused a wrongful death to a loved one. An experienced personal injury attorney can be of assistance in helping family members file a wrongful death claim, and other insurance claims toward the immediate access of funds to cover funeral and burial expenses.
Hire a lawyer.
Insurance compensation for any loss sustained as a result of a vehicle accident may be possible in the State of Pennsylvania. Under Pennsylvania’s no-fault system, accident victims may turn to their own insurance company to access death benefit compensation. Accident victims also have the right to circumvent Pennsylvania’s no-fault law and proceed directly against the at-fault driver under certain circumstances, including wrongful death claims. An experienced attorney at Scanlon & Wojton, LLC, can be of assistance with wrongful death insurance settlements. Surviving loved ones may ask who are the best attorneys near me in Pennsylvania.
Scanlon & Wojton, Attorneys at Law
The Mitchell Building
304 Ross Street, Suite 510
Pittsburgh, Pa 15219
Phone: (412) 918-1241
Fax: (412) 235-7275
- Two Pennsylvania state troopers, civilian killed in crash on I-95 (msn.com)
- Can a Florida real estate attorney assist renters who have air conditioning concerns? - September 14, 2022
- What should Woodstock Georgia drunk driving accident victims do to recover losses? - September 2, 2022
- Negative impact of Instagram caused eating disorder and attempted suicide in Kentucky. - August 16, 2022