Luis https://usattorneys.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/logo.svg Luis2018-10-04 11:49:172018-10-04 11:49:17What are Some Ways Business Owners Can Protect Themselves from Cybercriminals?
Property Casualty 360 recently shared that highlight some best practices that business owners can implement that will help them deal with cybercriminals.
- Create backup copies of your important business data and information. While the source highlights that 84% of business owners are aware of this, only 58% do it. The truth is, having backup copies in the event your software or computer is hacked can help you as may lose access to the original data and won’t be able to retrieve it.
- Protect all your business-related software from viruses, spyware, and other malicious code.
- Secure your networks.
- Control physical access to computers as well as other network components. As a business owner, many programs allow you to dictate what information employees are able to access so be sure you set these restrictions so that certain individuals aren’t accessing files they don’t have any busy being in.
- It would be wise of you to establish security practices and policies that are geared toward protecting sensitive information. Some of the information you have stored on the internet could be dangerous if it ends up in the wrong hands. And the last thing you need is for your company to take a loss all because you didn’t have the necessary security practices in place.
- Be sure your employees are using strong passwords and that they must change them every so often.
- Discuss with your employees the possibility of a cyber threat and cyber-attack and explain that your employees will be held accountable if they make a mistake that puts your company’s information at risk.
- Be sure all your public websites are protected.
- Be cautious and careful when using credit cards or other forms of payment online.
- Take advantage of some of the tools out there that notify you via your mobile device in the event your data is at risk or a hacker is attempting to retrieve private information. This way you can quickly and promptly tend to the matter and get it under control.