While a broken leg or whiplash can be quite troubling after a truck accident, these injuries eventually heal with time. The same cannot be said for permanent disfigurements. By very definition, these injuries stay with you for the rest of your life, causing a host of not only physical issues, but also mental health concerns. Disfigurements often arise after serious collisions, such as a semi-truck accident. However, they can also occur after a relatively light crash. But what should you do if you find yourself in this situation?
Your first step should be to get in touch with a qualified, experienced accident attorney. These legal professionals can help you strive for the best possible results, which often involves a fair, adequate settlement. You can use this settlement to cover both financial and non-economic damages that you might have suffered. If you’re serious about achieving top results, it’s important to book your consultation as soon as possible. Otherwise, the statute of limitations could prevent you from suing. But we know what you’re thinking: “Where can I find attorneys near me?” Not to worry — there are plenty of options for accident attorneys.
How Might You Become Disfigured in an Accident?
Disfigurements can occur in a number of different ways, such as:
- Burns: Serious burns can leave you with scars that never heal — especially if they are located on your face (1). Even with plastic surgery, sometimes the damage is simply too extensive to repair. Burns are primarily caused by igniting fuel tanks, although they may also be caused by exploding battery cells. In addition, a collision with a semi-truck can lead to a fiery injury if the truck was carrying flammable materials at the time of the crash.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations can also lead to disfigurement (2). Again, the issue can be especially problematic if the injury is located on the facial area. However, these injuries can also be traumatic and harrowing if they are located on other areas of the body. Lacerations can be caused by flying shards of glass, “road rash,” bent pieces of metal, and so on.
- Amputations: Sometimes, injuries to limbs are so severe that an amputation is necessary. This can lead to serious self-confidence and mental health issues. Usually, a limb will be amputated when it is either crushed beyond salvation, heavily infected, or completely shattered.
Where Can I Find an Attorney?
If you’ve been searching the Phoenix area for a qualified, experienced accident attorney, look no further than Schmidt Law Group. Over the years, we have helped numerous injured victims — including those who have suffered tremendous, disfiguring injuries. We know how important it is for genuine victims to receive genuine settlements. Book your consultation to learn more and get started with an effective action plan.
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]
Image License: Public Domain
Schmidt Law Group
Address: 3770 N. 7th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 282-0047
Fax: (602) 610-4039
Email: [email protected]
If you have further questions about this article or legal concerns call 800-672-3103
- Who Do You Sue if You Were Hit by a Mail Truck? - June 26, 2022
- What if I Was Disfigured in a Semi-Truck Accident? - June 22, 2022
- Why Do People Keep Losing Their Lives Due to Fiery Semi-Truck Crashes in Michigan? - June 22, 2022