Daytona Beach, FL—When an accident victim is offered a settlement from the insurance company and they don’t think it’s enough to cover all of their expenses, they can either contact an attorney or go back to the insurer and ask for more. It isn’t uncommon for an insurance company to offer a settlement that doesn’t quite cover a victim’s expenses as they are looking out for their best interest, and that is to save money.
When a claimant goes back to the insurance company, it is recommended that they have all of their expenses calculated. This includes vehicle repairs cost, medical care costs, and the amount they were unable to earn if their injuries prevented them from working. This way, the claimant can compare with the insurance adjuster what they were offered and how much their expenses have actually amounted to.
Sometimes, the insurance carrier may increase their offer if the claimant can show they are entitled to additional money and coverage is available. Other times, the adjuster may not budge on the amount that was initially offered.
When to Get a Daytona Beach, FL Accident Attorney Involved
While it is always a good idea to contact a Daytona Beach, FL accident lawyer directly after a collision with another driver, sometimes motorists decide to handle the claim on their own. If during the claims process, the accident victim runs into any of the following situations, they are encouraged to contact Pappas and Russell, P.A.:
- The insurer doesn’t want to increase the settlement offer. If this happens, an attorney will be able to review the policy along with the expenses the victim incurred to determine if coverage is available and if the claimant should be provided with more.
- The insurance adjuster isn’t answering the claimant’s phone calls. As frustrating as this may sound, it does happen frequently. Many car accident victims find that after getting their claim filed, they can’t seem to get in touch with their insurance adjuster. This means their questions will go unanswered and their claim may not be processed as quickly as they had hoped.
- The claimant believes their case is being handled in bad faith. Although insurance companies are prohibited from acting in bad faith, meaning they are handling the claim in an unfair or fraudulent manner, this does happen on occasion.
Pappas and Russell, P.A. Is Here to Assist With the Insurance Claims Process
When a car accident victim believes they are being treated unfairly by the insurer or that their claim is being undervalued, they can contact Pappas and Russell, P.A. to find out how a lawyer can help. When an insurance company sees an accident attorney get involved, they are less likely to be able to take advantage of the claimant.
Pappas and Russell, P.A. does offer free consultations and can be reached at 386-254-2941.
Pappas and Russell, P.A. is located at:
213 Silver Beach Avenue
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- How to Read a Carfax Vehicle History Report - December 3, 2022
- 3 Ways You Can Recover Compensation Following a Car Accident - September 18, 2022
- If Someone Uses My Car, Will My Insurance Cover Them in the Event of an Accident? - July 13, 2022